Can we help our bodies by drinking the best juice for skin and hair? We know that our skin is the largest organ in our body. It performs several key functions for the body so it is vital that we care for it as best we can.
Our skin helps regulate your body’s temperature, it protects the body from the harmful effects of the sun, releases toxins via sweat, and provides support for the body. Oh, and we want it to look good whilst doing all this.
Juicing is Great for Your Body
Juicing is one of the best things you can do for your body. It allows you to pack a mega-dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants into a glass of delicious goodness.
That’s why it’s becoming a popular tool in the battle to slow aging, and improve overall health.
And your skin plays an essential role in keeping you healthy and looking good. Let’s look at the foods you can use in the best juice for skin and hair.
5 Foods for the Best Juice for Skin and Hair
Try a juice made with at least one of these 5 foods to benefit your skin and hair. Try them even if you don’t like to eat them as ‘food’.
Cucumber juice is high in water content which ensures your body is able to flush toxins, and your skin remains hydrated.
Cucumbers are high in Vitamins K, C, B6, and calcium and magnesium.
Beetroot juice is one of the best juices for your skin because it can reduce blemishes. It’s also sweet so it makes a nice addition to green juices such as spinach and kale.
Beetroots contain Vitamins A, C, K, and is rich in iron and potassium.
Most people don’t like straight spinach juice but it’s excellent when mixed with other juices such as apple, pomegranate, and pineapple.
Spinach juice is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants which help lighten your skin and improve your complexion.
Adding lemon juice to your water or juice, will assist your body in detoxing by encouraging your intestines to loosen toxins.
It’s not only packed with Vitamin C; it also aids in the production of collagen in skin. Regularly consuming lemon juice can help in dealing with acne and dark spots.
Pomegranates are not just for Christmas! Not only do they look pretty but you can easily add them to juices and salads.
Pomegranates are an excellent source of Vitamins C & K, and are rich in antioxidants which aid in cell renewal.
Want the Best Results with the Best Juice for Skin and Hair?
If you want to make the best juice for skin and hair, follow these tips for the best possible results.
- Drink juices on an empty stomach for the best absorption.
- Choose the freshest, healthiest produce for your juices.
- Only juice as much as you can consume. Juices start losing their nutritional benefits a few hours after juicing.
- Do not add sugar or salt to your juices. Adding a little bit of honey will eliminate sourness. Personally, I add a sweeter fruit to the mix.
- Blend two or more juices for better flavor. Spinach makes a great base for most juices. Adding pomegranate or beets will add more nutrients and a nice sweetness.
- Ginger is an excellent addition to your juice blend. It imparts a zing which takes your juice from ordinary to special. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties which help soothe many skin conditions such as acne. I add ginger to most of my juices as I love it.
Want to Remember This?
Post this Best Juice for Skin and Hair article to your favourite Pinterest board!